Valka Gymnasium

The building was constructed from 1929 to 1930 by the  Project of  the architect from education ministry.


Around the school are made beautiful garden with extensive grassland, apple-garden and central statute- fountain.


In the other side of school building have stayed old remains of fortification.


Valka secondary school as school started to work in 1920, August 2 when in the first city council meeting decided to open Valka secondary school in the building where was seminary of Janis Cimze. First director of school was Jūlijs Bruniņš.


In 1992 Valka secondary school become about one of state school.

In 1926, June 20 put in foundation-stone and bless it. Then constructional works started. September, 1929- school goes from Cimzes seminary building to new, well-built house. 1930- ended reconstruction of schools third floor, but in 1930 – the basement.

In 1939 dedicated a school’s flag. From 2003 July 7 school get back status of gymnasium and name.


Location: Raiņa street 28a, Valka.

GPS 57o46'30'' 26o0'55''
Location on the map: here

No comments added.